1. The name of the club shall be the Weston Under Lizard Angling Club, hereafter referred to as The Club.
2. The Officers of The Club shall consist of:
3. The entire management of The Club shall be entrusted to a committee which shall consist of:
Elected Committee Members
The Committee may also co-opt such additional members as they see appropriate.
4. A quorum of the Committee shall consist of no fewer than eight members.
5. The Committee shall meet at regular agreed intervals, dates to be arranged by the Secretary.
6. The Annual General Meeting of The Club shall be held during the month of April in every year, upon a date and at a time to be fixed by the Committee for the following purposes:
7. To receive from the committee a report, a balance sheet and a statement of account for the preceding
year and an estimate of receipts and expenditure for the current year.
8. To elect officers in accordance with rules (2) & (3) and to appoint auditors to audit and report on
accounts for the current financial year.
9. To decide on any resolutions which may be duly submitted to the meeting and hereafter provided.
10. Any resolutions to be moved at the Annual General Meeting must be made in writing to the Secretary at least two months prior to the date of the meeting.
11. Nominations to serve on the Committee must be properly proposed and seconded by club members and received by the Committee before the end of December preceding the Annual General Meeting. All nominees must have been a member of The Club for a minimum of ten years.
12. Minutes shall be taken of all meetings of the Officers and Committee. These minutes shall be produced by the Secretary to all members of the Committee.
13. If at any time the Committee shall be of the opinion that the interests of The Club so require, they may by letter invite any member to resign from The Club within a time specified in such a letter. In default of his resignation the question of expulsion shall be considered at a meeting of the Committee to be held not earlier than seven days after the date specified in such a letter as the date before which he shall of been invited to resign. The member whose expulsion is sought shall have notice of such meeting and the grounds on which it is sought to expel him. At such meeting the member shall be allowed to offer an explanation of his conduct verbally or in writing and if two thirds of the members present of the Committee vote for his expulsion he shall thereafter cease to be a member.
14. The Secretary may at any time, in an emergency or for other special reasons call a Special General Meeting and shall do so forthwith upon requisition in writing any twenty members stating for which the purpose for which the meeting is required.
15. At all Annual General Meetings of The Club the President and in his absence a member selected by the Chairman shall take the Chair. Every member present shall have one vote upon every motion and in the case of equality the Chairman shall have a second and casting vote.
16. The quorum at an Annual General Meeting shall be twenty members, inclusive of Officers and Committee.
17. The financial year for The Club shall end on March 31st of each year to which day the accounts shall be balanced.
18. These rules may be added to, repealed or amended by resolution at the Annual General Meeting, provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed except by a majority of at least two thirds of the members present and voting thereon.
19. The Committee members of W.U.L.A.C have agreed to abide by any sanctions made by the Owners or their Agents of their waters.