1. The club to be called Weston-Under-Lizard Angling Club
2. That the annual subscription shall be decided by the committee from one season to the next. Junior members up to the age of 16 to be at a reduced rate (18 if in full time education).
3. No member shall fish Club waters or participate in Club matches unless they hold a current membership receipt, which should be carried at all times.
4. The Club shall not be disbanded so long as five remain in it and shall then not be disbanded save by a majority of those five.
5. The officers of the Club be a President, Vice Presidents, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. The President and Vice Presidents shall be permanent Officers. All Officers to be ex officio members of the committee.
6. The Committee hold meetings at the times that the Secretary deems advisable and in voting three shall form a quorum.
7. That any member accepting a copy of these rules agrees to abide by them and do all possible to have such carried out in the interests of the Club and sportsmanship generally.
8. That if any member be detected in any act that may bring discredit upon the Club he shall be liable to expulsion from the Club.
9. That a full report of the activities of the Club be submitted at each Annual General Meeting.
10. The closed season for coarse fishing is to be strictly observed on the river Penk.
11. Members shall be in possession of an appropriate current EA licence and the conditions of that licence shall be complied with.
12. Any member leaving gates open, leaving litter, damaging trees or lighting fires shall be liable to expulsion from the Club.
13. Dogs at all waters must be kept on a lead (3m(10ft)max.) at all times .
14. Fishing with a line not connected to a rod is prohibited.
15. Fishing with more than two rods is prohibited.
16. Rods must be fished in the same swim and be attended at all times. The member should be no more than 5m from the rods.
17. When fishing for carp or pike an unhooking mat must be carried at all times.
18. No fish over 5lb to be retained in keepnets unless in Club contests.
19. The use of carp sacks is prohibited.
20. The following baits are prohibited; livebaits, bloodworm, all nuts. Boilies can be used but only as a hook bait not feed. No floating baits are allowed at Swan Pit.
21. No braided hook lengths permitted. Swan pit-barbless hooks size 12 or smaller. No semi-barbed or treble hooks permitted. All other waters-barbless hooks size 16 or larger(barbed or semi-barbed hooks size 18 or smaller may be used)semi-barbed treble hooks have a barb on just one of the points.
22. During competitions you may fish with only one rod and line and a single hook only.
23. Competitors to land and release their own fish.
24. All fish to weigh in and return to the water dead or alive after being weighed in by the Captain of the day.
25. Competitors shall draw pegs, restricted to one only, immediately prior to the match. In the case of a member who cannot be present at the start, a fellow angler may draw his peg with the permission of the Captain of the day.
26. Any competitor playing a fish at the final whistle may be allowed a maximum of 15 minutes to land the same.
27. Any pool monies will be distributed immediately after the match provided there is no objection logged with the Captain of the day, in which case such monies will be withheld until the objection is placed before the Committee.
28. That no alterations to these rules shall be made excepting to an AGM or at a Committee meeting called for that purpose. The committee in office shall have the power to enforce the aforementioned rules at their discretion.
29. No bite alarms at Swan Pit.
30. No fixed bolt rigs allowed.
31. All press releases must be approved by the Committee prior to publication.
32. The Committee in office shall have the power to enforce the aforementioned rules at their discretion.
33. No keepnets to be used at swan pit unless at an approved listed and official club match.
34. Any member dismissed from the club will not receive a refund.
The reputation and future of the Club is your responsibility.
Any person using obscene language or otherwise misconducting themselves to the annoyance of other persons, or doing damage at the side of or on the vicinity of the water or disregarding Club rules shall have their membership card withheld and asked to appear at the following Committee Meeting.
Please take your litter home with you and leave the water and surroundings as you would wish to find it.
Report to the Committee any breach of the Club Code, poaching from or pollution to the waters.
Could members be aware that if disabled anglers wish to fish the waters the disabled pegs must be made available for their use.